Chief Executive: Mr M Oliver
Executive Principal: Dr P Smith
Associate Executive Principal: Mrs C Blundell
Principal: Mrs J Gaunt
Number on roll: 1105
Annual Admission number: 280
Outwood Academy Danum joined Outwood Grange Academies Trust in September 2016. Outwood Grange Academies Trust is nationally recognised as a high performing academy chain. The Trust currently sponsors a number of secondary and primaries and Outwood Grange Academy has been a National Training School for nine years, having been accredited as one of the country’s first teaching schools.
Following the inspection of Outwood Academy Danum in December 2018 the inspection team concluded that the Academy is a Good School with a Good Post 16 provision. We are now on a journey to become Outstanding.
We aim to:
• Provide students and staff with a learning community which is safe and secure.
• Provide students with opportunity to succeed and turn this into life chances.
• Provide students with a learning environment which encourages them to pursue career pathways that will ensure they are self-supporting citizens of the future.
• Provide education for all from age 11-19. “The Sixth Form is ‘Good.’ Ofsted 2018.
• Provide students with opportunities that will inspires, motivate and give all students access to a curriculum, both academic and through personal development, which allows them to achieve to their potential. Above all provide a learning experience that is enjoyed by all.
• Provide students with personal development opportunities which encourage good citizenship through an understanding of the contribution each of us can make to our communities, local, national and global.
In 2017 students achieved 61% grade 4 or above in both English and maths and this rose to 67% in 2018. The progress our students make above their expected attainment given their starting points is significantly above average. We are committed to providing high standards of education for students. Our Academy vision is ‘Students First.’ We put our students at the heart of everything we do, by focusing on ‘Raising Standards and Transforming Lives’. We simply believe that “the whole point of schools is that children come first and everything we do must reflect this single goal.”