The careers education and guidance programme at Outwood Academy Danum seeks to positively support students to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work.
The careers lead at the Academy is Mr N Limber who can be contacted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone on 01302 831385.
We are currently working with an external provider:
CareersInc is an external, independent and impartial careers guidance service who will support you to aim high in your career goals and aspirations.
Students at Outwood Academy Danum are entitled to a careers education and guidance programme which:
- is personal to students and always puts students interests first
- motivates and inspires students to consider all opportunities both within and outside Outwood Academy Danum
- helps students to gain the skills they need to make their career ambitions a reality
- provides the support students need to be successful
- helps students access any additional support they might need
- is delivered by trained and qualified teachers and advisers, with up-to-date knowledge and
understanding of career pathways and local labour market information
- protects and respects students personal information and shares it only with their consent
Together with staff from CareersInc we will support the career development in a number of ways including:
- information and discussion in lessons and assemblies to help students make decisions about your future
- activities and events such as careers fairs
- access to career advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, learning pathway planning and results days
- careers information and IT based careers programmes
- information and updates on notice boards, plasma screens and websites
Students can access careers information in many ways at Outwood Academy Danum including:
- Attending an interview in the careers room in the Careers office (these can be booked through learning managers)
- Drop in sessions with Career Inc on Tuesday and Friday during breaks and lunch. On Fridays the drop in session will be available during breakfast club.
- Completing a careers question card which will then be answered by Careers Inc staff